UPDATE: April 21, 2020
Angel Animal Hospital, along with most animal healthcare providers across the state, is hoping the ban on elective surgeries will be lifted shortly. We know your pets need assistance to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The Ohio Veterinary Medical Association is currently appealing ban specific to veterinary practices to the Governor of Ohio.
If the ban is lifted, we will be scheduling elective procedures such as spay and neuters on Mondays and Fridays. Our website will be updated as soon as we have further information.
Dr. Candace Fisher and the Careteam at Angel Animal Hospital
POSTED: March 24, 2020
In order to protect our clients and staff and help stop the spread of COVID-19 we have taken preventative measures starting immediately. Outlined below are the steps we are taking:
• Angel Animal Hospital will have modified hours until further notice. All activities involving our hospital will be by appointment only. This not only includes medical appointments but you will need to schedule a specific time to pick up all medications, food, and products.
• Under governmental direction, all elective surgeries will be postponed until further notice
• We will be taking a limited amount of routine care appointments until further notice. We will also be spacing appointments out by at least an additional 20 minutes to give us extra time to sanitize in between clients.
• If you already have an appointment scheduled, we will be in touch the week of your appointment to confirm the time of your appointment as it may have been adjusted slightly per our precautionary measures.
• If you would like to reschedule your upcoming appointment, please be sure to let us know so we can open your time slot up to others.
• We are eliminating the number of people coming and going from our building. Upon arrival for your appointment, please stay in your car and call us. We will come out to your car and bring your pet in for examination. We will discuss all treatment plans and accept payment over the phone and return your pet to your car when finished. • To limit the spread of germs, we will are highly encouraging credit card payment over the phone.
• If you need a prescription refilled, please call ahead per usual. Again, we will accept payments over the phone. You will need to schedule a specific time to pick up all items. When you arrive to pick up your prescription, call us and we will bring it out to your car. Such also applies to all other purchases, including food.
• Though our normal standard is to clean each room thoroughly after each exam, we have increased the amount we do so. Rooms will be cleaned when staff arrives, prior to appointments, midday at 1:00 pm, in the early evening at 3:00 pm, after each exam, and immediately after closing. Commonly touched items like doorknobs, the bathroom, pens, clipboards, etc., will be cleaned on the same schedule, if not more often.
Thank you for your understanding as we make changes to keep our community safe while still providing care for your animals. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any concerns or questions.
Dr. Fisher and Angel Animal Hospital staff